Fountains Abbey, Middleham, Bolton Castle and afternoon tea at Swinton Park
Be picked up from your hotel and travel in luxury and comfort to Fountains Abbey – take in the beautiful gardens, Abbey and picturesque deer park. Have morning coffee at the visitor centre before heading up Wensleydale to Middleham. Here you should see racehorses on the Gallops. Take in spectacular views of Bolton Castle and Wensleydale before stopping off at the market town of Leyburn for some shopping! Lunch options include The Saddle Room Restaurant, a fantastic racing stables conversion. Travelling up the Dale (taking in part of the 2014 Tour de France route) to either Aysgarth Falls or take in the splendour of Bolton Castle.
Travelling back to Swinton Park hotel for afternoon tea by the fire or in the hotel grounds overlooking the deer park.
- Visit the World Heritage site of Fountains Abbey set in 800 acres of beautiful countryside – discover the magnificent 12th century abbey ruins – explore the medieval deer park!
- Take in the stunning views as you travel up Wensleydale to Middleham.
- Watch the race horses being trained on the Gallops.
- Enjoy going off the beaten track as you are taken along small roads to the wild open space by Penhill with panoramic views across Wensleydale.
- Visit the traditional market town of Richmond for some shopping.
- Lunch options include Berrys Farm shop situated on a working farm or the Saddle Room Restaurant, a fantastic racing stables conversion.
- Travel part of the 2014 Tour de France route!
- Enjoy the natural beauty of Aysgarth Falls situated in a lovely wooded gorge where ‘Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves’ was filmed.
- Visit spectacular Bolton Castle – one of the country’s best preserved medieval castles.
- Take afternoon tea by the fire at the luxury castle hotel at Swinton Park.
- Visit the World of James Herriot – made famous by the TV series, All Creatures Great & Small