Picturesque villages, Helmsley, the North York Moors, Goathland and Whitby
Be picked up from your hotel and travel in luxury and style through the picturesque Yorkshire villages before stopping off for morning coffee at the award-winning Black Swan Hotel. Into the traditional market town of Helmsley for some shopping! Travelling up onto the remote North York Moors with stunning views before dropping down into Goathland where the TV series ‘Heartbeat’ was filmed.
Onto the coastal town of Whitby where you can look around the shops and have fish and chips in the newly opened Star Inn the Harbour. Travel back across the moors to your hotel – a great day out!
- Travel through the picturesque villages including Coxwold and take in the ancient ruins at Byland Abbey – once one of the greatest monasteries in England and an outstanding example of gothic architecture.
- Breathtaking views of Ryedale and the Vale of York.
- Have a morning coffee the award-winning Black Swan Hotel in Helmsley.
- Visit stylish Helmsley – picturesque with individual boutique shops.
- Take in the wilderness of the moors at Blakey Ridge – 1,235 feet above sea level with stunning views of Rosedale and Bransdale.
- Visit the 16th century Lion Inn – one of the highest pubs in the country where the open log fires burn all day.
- Options include travelling through the moors on the famous North York Moors steam train (pending time of the year).
- Visit Goathland where sheep graze on the village green – home of the popular ‘Heartbeat’ TV series.
- Travel into the small coastal town of Whitby, famous for its connection to Captain Cook.
- Enjoy fish and chips overlooking the sea!